The Sew Easy straight tailors awl is an extremely useful sewing tool. Use it…
- as a guide to feed your fabric without your fingers getting too close to the needle,
- for piercing holes into various fabrics,
- to feed fabric through bias tape folder.
- to lift your tread in hard to reach places, and
- as a turning point and so much more.
It’s particularly useful when top stitching around corners or the point of a collar. Just stick the point of the awl near the collar point or the corner and “push” it along until it has cleared the feed dogs.
Another use is for when you are inserting sleeves. Use the sewing awl to feed the extra fullness of the sleeve to the armhole in order to avoid puckering. To do this the sleeve has to be on top and the armscye on the bottom against the feed dog.
Once you tried it, you won’t be able to go without it!
Tailors Awl Features:
- Ergonomic design for easy use and comfort to the hand.
- Designed for piercing small holes or craft works.
- Includes a protective cover.
- Needle length is 2 inches.