CreativeNotions.co.za, hereinafter referred to as the “Site” or “it”, is owned and operated by Creative Notions (Pty) Ltd, hereinafter referred to as “Creative Notions”, “we” or “us”.
Your use of, and access to the Site, indicates your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Creative Notions can be accessed at http://creativenotions.co.za, related mobile sites and applications.
The site enables you to:
- browse and compare various brands clothing industry machines (“machines”);
- request a quote for one or more of the selected clothing industry machines (South Africa and rest of Africa);
- shop for clothing industry machine items, including various consumables and accessories by selected local and international brands (“products”) online and have them delivered door-to-door within South Africa, as well as neighbouring countries (Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland and Zimbabwe).
All visitors to the site (“users”, “you”, “buyer” or “purchaser”) will be able to see the goods on offer, but only those who have registered for an account on (“account holders” or “you”) are able to buy products and/or request a quote for clothing industry machines.
Creative Notions elects as address for all purposes regarding these terms and conditions, whether for legal notices or serving of other communication documents of any kind, the following address:
374 Serene Street
Tel. 012 348 2881
An electronic copy is to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (Such copy must be delivered in conjunction with physical copy for serving to be effected.)
The Electronic Communication and Transactions Act determines that when goods or services are provided via certain electronic transactions, the seller must make certain information public on the site where the goods or services are offered.
Creative Notions corporate information is as follows:
Name: Creative Notions (Pty) Ltd
Company Reg. No.: 2013/051024/07
VAT No.: 4750263339
Core business: Consultants and Online Retail
Legal Notice Address:
374 Serene Street
Tel. 27(0)12 348 2881
Director: Mr. Louis Pretorius
All users and account holders, including those that buy and/or request a quote from the site (“buyers”) are bound by these terms and conditions (“Ts&Cs”).
By registering, or using the site at all, you recognise that you’ve read and accepted these terms and conditions.
Should there be any clause in these Ts&Cs that you do not understand, the onus rests on you to ask Creative Notions to explain the relevant clause to you, before you accept the Ts&Cs by using, buying or requesting a quote from the site.
The site is owned and run by Creative Notions (Pty) Ltd, registration number 2013/051024/07, a company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa (“Creative Notions”).
More information about Creative Notions is available under section 1.3 (Creativenotions.co.za Corporate Information).
Please note that the stock of all clothing industry machines and products (collectively referred to as “goods”) on offer is limited.
Creative Notions will make all reasonable attempts to ensure that special offers are brought to an end when stock runs out.
If it happens that Creative Notions is unable to fulfill any order at the advertised or quoted price because stock is sold out, Creative Notions will let you know and you’ll be entitled to a reimbursement for the Rand value you have paid for such goods.
Please note that all Creative Notions’ Delivery and Returns policies are incorporated by reference and therefore forms part of these T&Cs.
Creative Notions will pass the supplier or manufacturer’s warranty of all goods through to the purchaser, to the extent that Creative Notions is lawfully permitted to do so.
For products which comes with a warranty, this will be stated in the product listing on the site. Clear details of these warranties are given in their listings and no shopper may ask to be covered by a wider-ranging warranty or guarantees, other than the one shown on such product listing.
Complete records of each online transaction made on the site between you and Creative Notions are kept on the site for 12 months after a particular purchase or related transaction. During this time, you’ll be able to view and print out these records. After the 12-month period the responsibility of keeping such record falls onto you.
For clothing industry machine purchased, complete records of each transaction between you and Creative Notions are kept at our office for 12 months after a particular purchase or related transaction. During this time, you’ll be able to request a copy of your records. After the 12-month period the responsibility of keeping such record falls onto you.
Creative Notions is responsible for adhering to the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“CPA”) with the sale of any products from the site. Similarly, Creative Notions is responsible for adhering to articles 43(5) and 43(6) of the Electronic Communication and Transactions Act in terms of payment systems and security.
However, neither Creative Notions, nor any of its representatives will be held responsible for any loss or accountability of any kind that arises from the use of (or inability to use) this site, its services or content.
Furthermore, Creative Notions provides no guarantee, implied or otherwise, that the content or technology attached to this website is free or errors or omissions. Nor is there any guarantee whatsoever that service will be 100% uninterrupted or faultless. We encourage you to report any possible malfunctions and errors by emailing email@example.com.
Otherwise call the call centre at 012 348 2881 during office hours.
Although the products on the site may be under guarantee, the site itself is offered on an “as it is” basis and is not set up or delivered according to your individual specifications.
It is your responsibility, before accepting these Ts&Cs, to determine whether the service available through this website satisfies your individual needs and is compatible with your hardware or software. Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this website should not be regarded as professional advice, or as Creative Notions’ official stance.
We encourage you to obtain professional advice before taking any action on the strength of information, ideas or opinions expressed on this site.
This site is offered, controlled and run from the Republic of South Africa. As such it is governed by South African legislation, and subject to the disputes clause in these Ts&Cs.
You and Creative Notions are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts. Each and every section of these terms and conditions must be read as individual and separable from the rest of the terms and conditions.
Should any court or qualified authority find that any of the terms are invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of the terms and conditions will remain standing, despite invalidity or unenforceability of an individual term.
Creative Notions has to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. For the ends of this clause, “personal information” is defined according to the details in the Promotion of Access to Information Act, number 2 of 2000 (PAIA). This information can be downloaded here.
Creative Notions is authorised to gather, store and use the following of your information:
Name and surname
Date of birth
Non-personal click patterns
IP address, and
ID or passport number
Creative Notions is entitled to gather, store and use the above information for the following purposes:
- To greet you when you access the site.
- To inform you (if you have agreed to this) of facts regarding your access and use of the site.
- To inform you (if you have agreed to this) of competitions and promotions offered by Creative Notions or its partners.
- To set up non-personal statistics about internet habits, click patterns and access to the site.
- To verify your identity when you make a transaction through creativenotions.co.za.
- To ensure the products are received by the addressee.
- For remarketing purposes.
- The above information is either gathered electronically through the use of “cookies”, or provided by you voluntarily. You can regulate the use of “cookies” independently with your personal search engine settings.
- You can choose to not receive any direct marketing information from Creative Notions and its partners.
Creative Notions is entitled to gather, store, compile and share any information gleaned from you, subject to the following conditions:
Creative Notions may not make any of your personal details public unless you have agreed to it, or unless it is required for the purposes of any judicial process.
Creative Notions may compile, use and share any information that has no bearing on any particular individual, and Creative Notions owns and reserves the right to non-personal statistical information gathered and compiled by Creative Notions.
You acknowledge and agree that certain personal information (such as your full name, delivery address, email address and contact details) may be passed on to the courier company to ensure delivery of the products you have bought.
Creative Notions may, at its own discretion, change these terms and conditions or any part thereof. If you are a registered account holder, Creative Notions will inform you of changes by email (to the address you use on registration). At such point, it will be your responsibility to read through the revised terms and conditions to ensure you’re satisfied.
If you’re dissatisfied, you have the right to terminate your registration on Creative Notions.
If you are NOT a registered user, Creative Notions will be unable to let you know of changes to these terms and conditions.
It will be your own responsibility to visit the website to check whether the terms and conditions have changed, and to make sure you’re satisfied with the changes. If you’re dissatisfied with any changes, you should not use the site in any way.
Barring urgent or interim legal help that may be granted by a court of law: In the event of any disputes of any kind between you and Creative Notions, arising out of any situation catered for in these terms or conditions (or that arises out of these terms and conditions) and that cannot be resolved by the client service centre, the dispute may be presented for confidential arbitration.
Such arbitration will be handled according to the rules stipulated by the Arbitration Foundation of South Africa. These rules can be found here.
These terms and conditions take effect on the date of first publication of the website and continue indeterminately. They may be revised by Creative Notions from time to time (as described above), for as long as the website continues to exist and be operated.
Creative Notions is entitled to terminate these terms and conditions or close down the website at any time, subject to processing any pending purchases.
If you don’t meet your obligations regarding these terms and conditions, including any incidents about payment and price or an order, and you neglect to rectify such non-adherence within 5 working days after Creative Notions has instructed you to do so, your access to the service will be blocked.
We have the right to close your account and deny you access to the site, depending on the severity of your actions. Such action on the part of Creative Notions will not have any negative effect on any damages Creative Notions may claim.
Any and all copyright relating to the website, including these terms and conditions, is held by Creative Notions (and partners).
All rights not expressly given are reserved. You may download, view and print content from this site only for private and non-commercial ends.
To obtain permission for commercial use of any content from this site, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the client service line at 012 348 2881.
Creative Notions is unable to edit or screen all content on the site, and will not be held accountable for illegal, slanderous or obscene content. We advise you to inform Creative Notions of any offensive or illegal material.
All content, trademarks and data on this website, including but not limited to software, databases, text, graphics, icons, links, private information, designs and agreements, are the property of or under licence of Creative Notions. As such they are protected by local and international legislation and agreements.
Clothing industry machines specifically are not priced online for various reasons of which the main reason is the extreme exchange rate fluctuation.
However, you can view in which price range a particular clothing industry machine falls under.
Also, the site allows you, the user, to place a request for a quotation (“quote”) for one or more machines in order to receive the price(s), as long as it’s available and not out of stock.
A quote may include any clothing industry machine(s) and/or consumables and/or accessories (“goods”).
A quote remains valid for a period of 7 (seven) days from the date of the quote. All quoted totaled prices are inclusive of VAT (Value Added Tax), unless specifically stated to the contrary.
A quote signed by you and returned to Creative Notions (whether by hand, post, fax or email) constitutes an order.
Creative Notions reserves the right to amend a quote.
Unless the quote states that setup, training, delivery and/or insurance during transit are included, it is not included.
On acceptance by the purchaser of the quote, Creative Notions will invoice the purchaser for the goods quoted or as otherwise agreed upon.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, a deposit of 50% of the invoice’s total is required on acceptance by the purchaser of the invoice.
Should the user have been approved for financing, a bank financing approval letter will also serve as a 50% deposit of the invoice’s total.
Final payment is due at the latest one day before collection by the purchaser or delivery of goods to the purchaser.
Should final payment not be made at the latest one day before collection or delivery of goods, or an alternative arrangement made, Creative Notions reserves the right to withhold the release of the goods until final payment has been made.
Should final payment not be made 14 (fourteen) days after the invoice for the order has been sent to purchaser, or an alternative arrangement made, the order will be cancelled and the deposit paid, refunded to the purchaser.
Creative Notions reserves the right to charge, in agreement with the purchaser, an additional setup, training, delivery and/or insurance during transit fee.
All goods supplied by Creative Notions shall remain the sole property of Creative Notions until paid for in full.
Goods are payable strictly via EFT or cash, unless otherwise agreed upon.
Except for Creative Notions’ indemnity obligations under section 1.9, in no event shall Creative Notions be liable to the purchaser for damages exceeding the fees paid or owed to Creative Notions under the invoice giving rise to the claim.
Also, Creative Notions will not be liable for any consequential, indirect, incidental, punitive, or special damages whatsoever (including without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information and the like, arising out of this agreement (including any damages arising under any claim or negligence, strict liability or other theory), even if the purchaser has advised Creative Notions of the possibility of such damages.
Where delivery is not included in Creative Notions’ quote and/or invoice, the purchaser are to collect the goods at the purchaser’s cost within 14 (fourteen) days of having been notified by Creative Notions that the goods are available for collection, failing which:
- the full balance of the purchase price shall immediately be due and payable; and
- the purchaser shall be liable for storage charges.
Should the purchaser wish to make use of the delivery services and/or setup the machine(s), the fee will be included in the quote and/or invoice.
Creative Notions will make the necessary arrangements for delivery, including insurance, should the purchaser opt to pay for insurance on all goods for the duration of transit. The fee will be included in the quote and/or invoice.
If the purchaser requires our services to setup the machine(s), the fee will vary based on quantity of machines required, setup time, access and other contributing factors.
Creative Notions shall not be responsible for any amendments that may be required in and around the machine to set it up.
The purchaser shall be liable for Creative Notions’ costs of any repeat visits that may become necessary as a result of Creative Notions’ inability to access the purchaser’s property at any time arranged with the purchaser for the delivery and/or setup of a machine.
In order to minimize call out services from Creative Notions, and to obtain knowledge on how to operate the machine(s), it’s highly recommended that the purchaser opt for training when purchasing the machine(s).
Should the purchaser wish for Creative Notions to train the purchaser and any other operators, the fee will be included in the quote and/or invoice.
Training fees are calculated based on whether the the machine(s) are located and include:
- between one (1) to two (2) days’ training on all semi-industrial (commercial) and industrial machines and 1 (one) day on all combo and home machines;
- travel expense for the instructor;
- accommodation for the instructor, should the training session(s) be outside of the Gauteng area.
Once invoiced and the 50% deposit has been paid, Creative Notions will arrange a date for training on the machine(s).
Creative Notions will:
- provide training in a manner consistent with the technical and professional standards of the industry;
- provide an instructor qualified to conduct the training.
The purchaser will:
- ensure that all operators, including the purchaser of the machine(s) will attend the training sessions on the arranged day(s);
- ensure that all operators of the machine(s) are equipped, and meet the minimum technical skills needed to operate the machine.
Audio and/or video recording of the training session(s) is allowed and in fact, encouraged.
Any times quoted for delivery, repair, replacement or training of a machine and/or parts are to be treated as estimates only.
Creative Notions, while making every effort to meet such estimates, shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever and whether direct or consequential arising from failure to deliver, repair or replace any goods within such time.
Notwithstanding the reservation of ownership referred above, the risk in the goods shall pass to the purchaser on collection by the purchaser or delivery to the purchaser, as the case may be.
The machine(s) provide a degree of safety, provided that they are used in a safe and proper manner.
However, it’s not intended for, nor safe for children and animals. Therefore, children and animals should not be left unattended in the same vicinity as the machines.
Creative Notions accepts no liability whatsoever for any death, injury, damage or loss howsoever occurring, with respect to the use of any of the machines.
All descriptive and forwarding specifications, drawings and particulars of weights and dimensions issued by Creative Notions are approximate only, and are intended only to present a general idea of the goods to which they refer and shall not form any part of any contract. The right is reserved to change specifications without prior notification or public announcement.
Creative Notions offer an after sales service for a period of twelve (12) months for machine(s) under warranty, where we will repair or, at Creative Notions’ sole discretion, supply and install replacements of any defects which:
- under the purchaser’s and/or operator’s proper use, appear in the machine(s) within 12 (twelve) months of collection or delivery, and
- defects which arise solely from faulty design by the manufacturer (other than any design made, furnished or specified by the purchaser for which Creative Notions has disclaimed responsibility),
- the machine(s) concerned have been placed, stored and/or used in a proper manner, and
- the purchaser has notified Creative Notions in writing of the nature of the defect within 48 hours of becoming aware of the defect.
Service charges shall be applicable. For details, please see section 1.14.
In the event of an out of warranty or non-warranty service and/or repair, a quote will be provided for acceptance prior to any work being undertaken.
The quote is an estimate, which may change if the repair is unsuccessful or if additional parts are required. Creative Notions reserves the right to re-quote on the service and/or repair, should it become necessary.
Payment must only be effected after the final service and/or repair charge is confirmed and communicated. Customers will be liable for the difference in charge should a payment be made against a quotation.
Service and/or repair quotations shall be provided via email or obtained in-store (in the case of walk in customers). Services and/or repairs will only be undertaken on receipt of acceptance/approval of a quotation.
Creative Notions shall not accept cancellations after receiving an acceptance of a quotation. The customer shall be liable for the full repair charges before the goods are released.
Service and/or repair quotes are valid for a period 5 (five) working days. Failure to respond within this period shall result in:
- the goods being returned unrepaired, and only upon payment of the applicable service charges set out above.
- rendering the quote null and void.
Should the customer request or re-book the goods to be repaired after quote expiry, it will have to be re-assessed with the service charges being applicable again. Quotes and assessment outcomes are subject to change after re-assessment.
Service charges shall be applicable to all warranty, out of warranty and non-warranty goods (meaning the warranty has been voided or has expired).
Service charges will be based on:
- travel expense, calculated using AA rates (if applicable);
- accommodation (should call out be outside of the Gauteng area), and
- spare parts on machines out of warranty or non-warranty machines (if applicable)
These charges are applicable when the purchaser has instructed Creative Notions to assess the machine(s), which by necessity requires certain services to be performed by Creative Notions for the purposes of assessing the fault/damage in order to validate warranty, or provide you with a quotation for the costs of service and/or repairs to the machine(s).
Service charges will be charged regardless whether the machine is covered by the original manufacturer’s warranty or not.
Creative Notions represents and warrants that all after sales service, services and repairs provided to the purchaser pursuant to any purchase of machine(s) shall be performed by competent personnel, with professional diligence and skill, consistent with industry standards, and will conform in all material respects to the specifications and requirements.
Save as aforesaid and as provided in terms of this clause, Creative Notions shall not be liable for any defects in goods delivered or for any injury, damage or loss whatsoever resulting directly or indirectly from such defects, or from any work done in connection therewith.
Also, its liability under this clause, shall be in lieu, and to the exclusion of the liability under any warranties and conditions whether express, implied or statutory and whether written or verbal.
Payment terms are within 7 (seven) days after receipt of the final service and/or repair charge or confirmation of the service and/or repair being completed.
Repaired goods pending payment shall not be returned or released without confirmation of payment for outstanding service and/or repair charges.
Creative Notions reserves the right to dispose goods to defray expenses, if not claimed and/or if charges remain unpaid within 3 (three) months (90 days) after service and/or repair.
In repairing your machine(s) under its warranty, Creative Notions may use new, used or reconditioned parts, as permitted by the terms of such warranty or extended service contract.
If repairing parts outside of the warranty or extended service contract, Creative Notions may use new, used or reconditioned parts.
Creative Notions will retain any replaced part as its property, and the replacement part will be your property. Replaced parts may be repairable and are exchanged or repaired by Creative Notions for value.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you hereby waive any right you may have to receive any replaced parts. If applicable law requires Creative Notions to return a replaced part to you, you agree to pay Creative Notions the additional cost of the replacement item.
Service and/or repair timelines and delivery dates are estimates only and dependent on availability of parts, tooling, equipment, capacity etc. Creative Notions and its technicians will endeavor to meet the promised return dates, but shall not guarantee delivery in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY PROVIDED ABOVE, CREATIVE NOTIONS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE EQUIPMENT AND/OR SERVICES COVERED HEREUNDER, AND IN PARTICULAR, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY FOR A PARTICULAR USE.
ALL WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, AND ALL WARRANTIES RELATED TO THIRD PARTY EQUIPMENT, MATERIAL, SERVICES OR SOFTWARE NOT PROVIDED HEREUNDER ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED.
Anyone downloading or trying to download malware or damaging coding on this site, or who tries to gain unauthorised access to any page on this site, will be prosecuted.
Creative Notions will claim civil damages from such person if Creative Notions suffers any damage or loss.
You agree and guarantee that the username and password you use to log in is for your personal use only, and will not be passed on to any third party.
You allow Creative Notions to take all steps reasonably possible to ensure the integrity and security of the site and in the administrative office.
The site allows you, the user, to place electronic orders (“order”) for one or more products on offer as long as such products are available and not sold out.
A purchasing contract (“sale”) between you and Creative Notions only comes into effect once you have fully completed AND submitted the online order form for one or more products in your basket (“shopping cart”) AND your payment has been authorised by Creative Notions (or has been received into Creative Notions’ bank account).
The above is dependent on the product being available.
Products on Creative Notions cannot be reserved to be bought at a later stage, and placing an item in your basket without completing the order, does not amount to a sale or an order.
This means that Creative Notions may remove any item from your basket before the sale actually takes place in the event of the product going out of stock.
Creative Notions cannot be held responsible if an order has become unavailable by the time you try to complete a purchase at a later stage.
The invoice for your purchase will be available online in the “My Account” section on the site.
A copy of this invoice will be included in your parcel as well.
Creative Notions reserves the right to refuse processing of payment for any order and/or to cancel any purchase, partially or completely, with notice given to you.
Creative Notions will be liable for reimbursing you the Rand value paid only if you have already paid for the cancelled order.
4. Product Pricing
The price of each product is given on the product’s page. This is only applicable to the Haberdashery Shop.
For prices on our clothing industry machines, please complete the form on the Request a Quote page. Alternatively, browse through our clothing industry machines display room and add your selection to your quote cart for submittal to one of our sales consultants.
The Regular Retail Price (“RRP”) is the standard price that Creative Notions charges for the product. The RRP is determined by considering the suppliers’ price, market conditions, and the prices being offered by other local retailers.
When a product is not on sale, or included in a discount promotion, the RRP is the price you will pay when you purchase the product (“purchase price”).
Please note that RRPs can change over the course of several seasons over which the product may be sold. The RRPs applicable at the time the product is introduced may differ from the RRP at the time of your purchase.
When Creative Notions is having a sale, or is running a discount centric promotion on specific products on the site – the discount price is shown on the product’s product page, as well as the Regular Retail Price (“RRP”). The discount price will be shown in blue and the RRP will be shown alongside it – but will be crossed out.
When a discount price is shown on the product page, the discount price is the price you will pay when you add the product to your cart at the discounted price, and conclude the sale at the discounted price i.e. the purchase price.
Every reasonable effort will be made to ensure that the RRP and, if applicable, the discount price of all products on Creative Notions are correct at the time of your purchase. If, however, the product is offered at an erroneous price, Creative Notions will not be obliged to supply the said product at the incorrect price.
Creative Notions will only be liable to return payment already made by you in the case you choose to cancel the sale once you have been made aware of the correct price.
5. Making Payment
Creative Notions currently accept the following payment methods:
- Payfast using chipped debit card (Visa & Mastercard) which have been activated for online purchases
- Payfast using credit card (Visa & Mastercard)
- Payfast using Instant Electronic Funds Transfer (“Instant EFT”)
- Normal Electronic Funds Transfer (“EFT”)
Chipped debit card (which have been activated for online purchases), credit card and Instant EFT payment methods are handled by our internet payment processing partner, Payfast.
Instant EFT payment via Payfast can only by made through select banks. Please see the section 5.4 for more information.
Once you decide to checkout, and select Payfast as payment processor, you will be taken to Payfast’s payment processing page.
You will require to register with them once off. This can be done on the payment processing page while completing the transaction. Thereafter you only need to login, should you become a repeat customer of Creative Notions.
Payfast hold bank accounts at ABSA, FNB, Nedbank and Standard Bank. Should you own a bank account with one of these four banks, you may use the EFT method via Payfast and transfer your payment into a bank account held at the same bank as your own.
This payment method is instantly transferred and Creative Notions will receive the funds immediately.
- From the checkout page, select Payfast as your payment option. You will be directed to the Payfast payment processing page.
- Register or login on PayFast and select Instant EFT as your preferred method of payment.
- Payfast will prompt you for the appropriate amount via Internet Banking to the specified account with a special reference.
- Complete payment, log off internet banking, close the browser window and return to the Payfast payment window.
- Click the Verify Payment button.
- PayFast verifies that your payment has been received, completes the transaction and then returns you to the Creative Notions site.
- You receive confirmation of the transaction by email.
Should you not own a bank account with ABSA, FNB, Nedbank or Standard Bank, please pay via chipped debit card, which have been activated for online purchases, or credit card (Visa or Mastercard) through Payfast.
Alternatively you can select the EFT payment method once you checkout.
Please note that when selecting to pay via EFT, you have 24 hours after placing your order to make the payment.
When making your payment, please make sure that you use your order number as your reference. This will ensure that Creative Notions can process your order as quickly as possible.
Creative Notions will start processing your order as soon as your bank forwards the payment to Creative Notions. Depending on the bank, it can take up to 3 (three) days from the time you make the payment (which has to be done a maximum of 24 hours after placing the order) to when it appears in our bank account.
The delivery lead time as specified on the site only starts once Creative Notions has received the payment from your bank.
All transactions between the customer and Creative Notions, as well as between Creative Notions and Payfast, are always protected and safeguarded by utilising secure technology standards (SSL/HTTPS).
Your credit card number and personal information is protected by Payfast and will not be forwarded to a third party. Credit card numbers are never stored by Creative Notions. For more information, visit Payfast.
PayFast is committed to keeping you and your information secure and have a multitude of checks in place to protect both buyers and sellers from fraudulent transactions.
- Payfast uses Extended Validation SSL with 256-bit encryption. Only two of the four major South African banks use this, the highest, level of encryption currently available.
- 3D Secure is in place for all credit card transactions over R1000.
- All sensitive info is encrypted within their own database.
- Payfast runs penetration testing on their system on a weekly basis to look for vulnerabilities. They are only required to do it once every three months, but they run it every week.
- Payfast’s entire site, blog and help site are served off secure servers, making it harder to perpetrate phishing attacks.
Payfast also has a monitoring system that does, among other things: GEO IP tracking, velocity testing, BIN/IIN validation and checks against online databases.
Creative Notions has no access to any confidential information regarding your payment method.
Only Creative Notions’ banking partner will access confidential information (such as your credit card number, expiry date, CVV etc.) from time to time.
Creative Notions reserves the right, in the interest of preventing fraud, to refuse the processing of payment for any order and/or to cancel any purchase, partially or completely.
Creative Notions may request documentation to complete the necessary fraud checks and cancel any order where the necessary documentation is not provided in a timely manner.
In the event of a fraudulent purchase being placed on Creative Notions, cardholders will be advised to initiate a charge back via their bank in order to be refunded.
Creative Notions does not process refunds for orders suspected of fraud.
Creative Notions does not provide order details relating to orders suspected of fraud.
For orders over R3,000, Creative Notions delivers free of charge within South Africa via economy door-to-door courier. Unfortunately we are not able to extend this service to countries, other than South Africa.
For orders under R3,000 Creative Notions charges a fee depending on where you’re located. Please see section 6.2 for more information.
- Every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that the delivery costs displayed on the site are correct at the time of your purchase.
- However, if a delivery fee is incorrectly displayed, Creative Notions will not be obliged to deliver products at an incorrect delivery fee.
- Creative Notions will only be liable to return payment already made by you in the case you choose to cancel the sale once you have been made aware of the correct delivery fee.
At this time, unfortunately the only shipping option we have available for neighbouring countries (Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland & Zimbabwe), is for the customer to arrange their own delivery – whether via collection or courier.
Once an order has been placed and paid for, we’ll get in touch with you to give dimensions and weight of your package. Also, to determine the courier company you’ve chosen as well as date for the pickup.
Creative Notions delivers packages using Courier Guy services from Monday to Friday within business hours in South Africa and will deliver within 2-6 working days depending on where you live.
Unless we inform you otherwise, before you place your order and before the final confirmation, the estimated maximum delivery time for an order in South Africa, is 6 working days.
There are no deliveries over weekends or on public holidays. Please take this into consideration when selecting your delivery address.
Please note, once you have successfully checked-out, Creative Notions can unfortunately not amend the delivery details for your order.
Creative Notions do not deliver to PO Boxes.
As buyer, you indicate where in South Africa you require delivery, as well as contact numbers to be used in connection with delivery.
Your parcel will be delivered to the address you specified in the checkout process.
If nobody is present at the address at the time of delivery, our courier will on the second attempt of delivery use the mobile phone number you provided in your order and/or leave a note (in the letterbox if a residential address) to indicate that there was an attempted delivery.
The courier will try once more, and if at that time there is still no one to sign for the parcel, it will be your responsibility to call the Creative Notions call centre at 012 348 2881 or send an email to email@example.com to arrange delivery.
If you don’t contact the Creative Notions call centre within 5 working days of the courier attempting the second delivery, the courier will return the parcel to Creative Notions, and we will contact you via email to discuss potential re-delivery at your own cost.
If this attempt does not succeed within a reasonable amount of time, Creative Notions will reimburse you the rand value paid for the product(s) purchased. Should a delivery fee have been charged on the order, this will not be reimbursed.
A delivery is considered complete as soon as the parcel is accepted by an individual on your behalf at your specified delivery address.
This also applies when the package has been handed over by the courier, as indicated in the courier’s tracking system.
It is your responsibility, as buyer, to ensure that you or the intended receiver of the gift (when applicable) inspect(s) the parcel on arrival and makes known any justifiable complaints. The receiver has the right to refuse the parcel if it appears to have been opened or if it has clearly been damaged.
Such complaints and claims must be brought to the attention of Creative Notions by calling our call centre at 012 348 2881 during office hours.
If neither the depot nor the tracking system (under “My Account > Order History”) provides any indication where the parcel is, you need to call the call centre at 012 348 2881 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the parcel is found, it will be sent to the specified delivery address by the usual procedure, as set out in the delivery clause.
If the parcel is declared lost, Creative Notions will notify you and reimburse you for the lost parcel (to the amount of the product purchase price and any relevant delivery fee).
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase due to a defect, incorrect product choice or other reason, you may return it to Creative Notions within 30 days of delivery, and either receive a Creative Notions account credit or a refund (depending on the goods purchased), or have the product repaired or replaced (depending on the product and situation). Please see section 2.12 for details.
Within seven (7) days of your order being delivered to your door, you can exchange the goods you ordered for a product with the same value or a different colour or size (such as frames) of the exact same product as long as the preferred size being requested is available at Creative Notions.
- Goods returned to Creative Notions, must be adequately packed and delivery costs are the responsibility of the purchaser.
- Goods returned as defective – but found on inspection to be in good order – will be returned to the purchaser, subject to a handling charge.
- Goods returned, which are out of guarantee and/or warranty, or which were damaged due to incorrect usage and can not be repaired, will be either be resold as parts or scrapped by Creative Notions.
Should you wish to process an exchange, please contact the call centre at 012 348 2881 during office hours or email us at email@example.com. (Subject Line: Your order number – Request Exchange).
Please note, Creative Notions reserves the right not to accept an exchange, if the product you wish to exchange is not sent back to Creative Notions in the exact packaging it was received in, in resalable conditions.
As specified in our T&Cs, Creative Notions will make all reasonable efforts to ensure the product information, availability, purchase price and associated delivery times and fees are accurately reflected on the site.
However, should Creative Notions deliver the incorrect product(s) to you by mistake, please do not remove the product from its original packaging. Please contact the call centre at 012 348 2881 during office hours or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: your order number – Incorrect Item) as soon as possible to notify Creative Notions thereof.
Creative Notions will resolve the error by arranging to collect the incorrect product(s) from you and to deliver the correct product(s) to you as quickly as possible. Also, please do not try and remedy the situation by placing another order for the exact same product you were trying to purchase.
If within 30 days of delivery of a product to you, you find that the product is faulty, not commercially acceptable, unsuitable for the purpose generally intended (or otherwise expressly indicated by Creative Notions at time of purchase), or not legal or reasonably durable (based on the circumstances and product type) (“defective”), please contact Creative Notions call centre at 012 348 2881 or send an email to email@example.com (subject line: your order number – defective item) to notify us thereof.
Creative Notions will request pictures of the defective product and will arrange to collect such product from you so that it can be inspected by us. If the product is subsequently found to indeed be defective, you are entitled to either:
(a) be fully refunded, or
(b) have the product repaired or replaced at Creative Notions’ expense (the decision between repairing or replacing being that of Creative Notions’ depending on availability and other relevant circumstances, and in this regard you acknowledge that sale products will usually only be able to be repaired).
If the product is found NOT to be defective and is commercially acceptable, you will NOT be entitled to any repair, replacement or refund, but will instead be liable for the costs incurred in having had such product returned to Creative Notions, and then redelivered to you.
A product is NOT defective and you will NOT be entitled to any repair, replacement or refund under the general warranty above if:
(a) The faults/damage are a result normal wear and tear;
(b) damage arising from incorrect usage of the product;
(c) the item has a reasonable amount of manufacturing or production imperfections, but is acceptable in accordance with the generally accepted commercial practices.
Creative Notions may release printed or digital discount vouchers (“vouchers”) from time to time. Such vouchers may be available through the website and/or from third-party websites, in magazines and other media.
Vouchers can be used to secure a discount on the site as long as the voucher is valid.
Given expiry dates cannot be moved.
Use of Newsletter Voucher
- Current Creative Notions customers do not have the right to newsletter vouchers and cannot earn them.
- The R100 Creative Notions newsletter voucher is issued once when the subscriber signs up to any of Creative Notions’ Newsletter for the first time.
- Signing up to a second or third Creative Notions newsletter, with the same email address, does not qualify for another R100 newsletter voucher.
- The R100 newsletter voucher can only be used once per Creative Notions account holder.
- The R100 newsletter voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other Creative Notions offers or promotional vouchers.
- The R100 Creative Notions newsletter voucher can only be redeemed against basket sizes to the value of R500 or more.
- Basket size after the newsletter voucher has been applied must exceed R3,000 to qualify for free delivery.
- The voucher is only valid for items in the online haberdashery shop.
- The voucher is not valid for items in our onsite store.
- The voucher is not valid against items on sale.
- The voucher is not valid against any clothing industry machine.
How To Claim Your R100 Newsletter Voucher
- The user completes the newsletter submission form, whereupon he/she receives a welcome email with an electronic voucher code.
- In order to claim the R100 voucher, the subscriber must visit http://creativenotions.co.za and add items on Creative Notions’ online haberdashery shop to the value of R500 or more to his/her cart.
- Enter the voucher code in the voucher code box at checkout and click on “Update Cart” before proceeding with payment.
- Returns of products to which the R100 voucher was applied, will be refunded at the actual Rand value paid for the product.
- The R100 voucher is valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
- Newsletter vouchers which have passed their expiry date, will not be reinstated.
- This includes vouchers which have been redeemed against items that are subsequently returned.
- Signing up to the Creative Notions newsletter multiple times, with multiple email addresses, in order to secure additional R100 newsletter vouchers is abuse of the benefit and is tantamount to stealing. Perpetrators will be dealt with accordingly.
Use of Promotional Voucher
- Promotional vouchers are issued at Creative Notions’ discretion. Users don’t have the right to promotional vouchers and can’t earn them.
Promotional Voucher Terms & Conditions
- Promotional vouchers are issued with specific terms and conditions that regulate how and when they can be used. For example, certain vouchers may be product specific in that they are only valid against a selected group of products. Exclusions may also exist with certain vouchers e.g. not valid on items in craft equipment. The onus is on the shopper to check the full voucher terms and conditions to ensure they understand the voucher’s applications and limitations.
- A promotional voucher can only be used against a purchase on the site when the purchase meets the terms and conditions as specified on the voucher.
- In general, unless otherwise specified on the voucher itself: a voucher is only valid for 30 days from date of issue.
- Only one voucher can be used per shopping cart. Vouchers are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. The discount value of the voucher will be deducted from the total amount in your shopping cart. The remaining balance, if any, must be paid by you.
Should you wish to return an item you have purchased using a voucher:
- If you have redeemed a voucher against a purchase, and you’d like to return all items purchased, Creative Notions will refund you or credit your account with the Rand value of the purchase. Please refer to the specific terms and conditions on the vouchers for information on whether it will be reinstated and the terms that will apply.
- If you have used a voucher against a purchase and then return some of the products purchased, Creative Notions will apportion the value of the voucher across the relevant items in the cart and then refund you the relevant Rand amount based on the items being returned.
- If you have used a voucher against a purchase and then return some of the products purchased, Creative Notions will recalculate the total value of your purchase AFTER the returned product(s) has/have been deducted. If the recalculated purchase value no longer meets the terms and conditions associated with the voucher, Creative Notions reserves the right to deduct the value of the voucher off the refund for the returns, or, should you have credit in your Creative Notions account, to debit the value of the voucher off your account balance.
Promotional vouchers cannot be:
- used to buy gift vouchers.
- exchanged for cash.
- transferred to anyone else.
- used after the expiry date which is, unless otherwise specified, 30 days from date of issue.
- used together with any other promotion, including clothing industry machines, onsite shop, items already on sale or items discounted as part of another promotional offer.