To understand garment construction is to appreciate the difference in quality between “fast fashion” and a beautifully constructed garment that will last decades.
This class will teach you the core sewing techniques you’ll need to create any garment while at the same time give you a designer’s eye for quality that’ll turn you into a smarter shopper.
You’ll leave this class with the core sewing skills you need to begin making any garment.
What You’ll Learn
- Block Patterns. Understanding what role a pattern plays in garment construction and where and how to find one.
- Fabric Cutting. How to lay a pattern onto your fabric to be able to cut it.
- Sewing & Stitches. Key techniques for sewing your fabric pieces together using 3 seam variations: basic stitching, french seams and Hong Kong bind seams.
- Finishing. Techniques for finishing your garment on the inside to achieve a professional look.
What You’re Going To Make?In this class I’ll walk you through how to create your own vest – a simple garment ideal for garment construction first-timers. The construction is simple and sizing is a non-issue. I will share a downloadable pattern that you can use.
- “Wow, I learned so much from this class. Thank you Josh. Your instructions were easy to understand and thorough. It was great to learn the different seam finishes in this class as well.” – James Monroe
- “Josh is a great instructor and it was an easy class to follow. Loved seeing his creations on Project runway – to have this level of expertise instruction is awesome!” – Raquel Navarro
- “This is what I was looking for! Everything you need to know is included and presented in a professional manner.” – Mary J.