Why settle for shop-bought lampshades that ‘just do’ when you can make lampshades that reflect your style and compliment your home at a fraction of the cost?
In this 44-minute video, you’ll learn a professional lampshade-maker’s top tips for making your own beautiful and bespoke lampshades.
By the end of this easygoing and step-by-step guide, you’ll be ready to fill your home with lampshades you love, made by you!
What Are The Requirements?
- 0.5m of your favourite fabric – light to medium weight cottons are best to start with
- General purpose scissors
- Fabric scissors (optional)
- Ruler/fabric tape measure
- Ironing board
- Water spray
What Am I Going To Get From This Course?
- By the end of the course you will be able to make rolled-edge fabric covered drum lampshades
- Learn techniques from a professional lampshade maker
- Learn which fabrics to avoid when making lampshades
- Learn how to decide on lampshade sizes
- Learn how to make the very best of your fabric
- Find out where to buy lampshade making supplies