This new Brother Coverstitch machine CV3550 is one of the first domestic top cover stitch machines. Commonly used in hems, swimwear & undergarments, you can also can use it for decorative purposes. The top coverstitch is on the top, while there is a regular 3-needle coverstitch seam on the reverse side.
Besides the single and double-sided tri-cover stitch feature, this CV3550 also has wide cover stitches, narrow cover stitches as well as a chain stitch.
Also, the adjustment dials for stitch length and differential feed are located on the right-hand side.
In addition, it comes with a top cover attachment. The top looper thread is stitched using a removable attachment. This attachment moves back and forth when sewing. If you remove the attachment, the Brother CV3550 is just like a regular coverstitch machine.
The Brother 3550 also can sew a chain off stitch just like a overlocker. And we love this feature!
The Brother CV3550 coverstitch machine offers cover hem functionality for a high-quality finish. Easy handling and user-friendly. As a result, it makes hemming and top stitching fabrics and garments a breeze!
Brother Coverstitch Machine CV3550 Main Features
- 2, 3, 4 and 5 threads
- 155mm working space
- Automatic release of thread tension
- Adjustable presser foot pressure
- Free arm machine
- Bright, energy saving LED work light
- Pressure control – Adjustable dial assures consistent fabric delivery.
- LED work light – Brightly lit, energy saving LED lamp near needle.
- Easy transportable machines – Lightweight, compact machines with carry handle.
- Large working space – Comfortably work on projects with ample free space surrounding the needle.
- Easy access controls – Easy access to presser foot lever, stitch length adjustment dial, differential feed radio adjustment dial and hand wheel.
- Free arm – Easily manoeuvre fabrics to create curved-shaped pieces and small items.
- Lower looper threading – Super easy lower looper threading with simple to follow thread guide.
- Differential feet – Alter the speed at which your fabric is feeding through the machine.
- Telescopic metal thread stand – Once threaded, the stand helps straighten the threads to prevent any threads tangling.
- Release of thread tension – Lift the presser foot to automatically release the thread tension and remove your garment from the machine without sticking or tugging.
- Vertical needle – Provides extra strength and power for thicker fabrics.
- Triple cover stitch – Three-needle, four-thread reinforced cover stitch. Perfect for hemming, decorative effects, elastic and durable seams for sportswear.
- Wide cover stitch – Two-needle, three-thread cover stitch. Ideal for hemming, topstitching and decorative effects on T-shirts and knits.
- Narrow cover stitch – Two-needle, three-thread cover stitch. Optimal for hemming on fine fabrics, tape binding and top stitching.
- Chain stitch – One-needle, two-thread double chain stitch. Excellent for sewing rolled hems, tape binding, joining woven fabrics and decorative effects.
- Triple top cover stitch – Three-needle, five-thread top cover stitch. Perfect for hems, top stitching, flat joining seams and edging with elastic and bindings.
- Top cover stitch (wide) – Two-needle, four-thread top cover stitch. It is perfect for hems, top stitching, flat joining seams and edging with elastic and bindings.
- Top cover stitch (narrow) – Two-needle, four-thread top cover stitch. It is perfect for hems, top stitching, flat joining seams and edging with elastic and bindings.
What’s In the Box
- Soft cover
- Accessory box
- Cleaning brush
- Thread net (5)
- Thread spool cap (5)
- Hexagonal driver
- Clear foot
- Needle set (130/705H) #90: 3pcs
- Top cover spreader
- Top cover thread guide
- Attachment screw (2)
- Spool mat (5)
- Foot controller
- Instructional DVD
- Operation manual