Discover how to use an overlocker, including how to thread an overlocker with the “Learn To Love Your Overlocker” online instructional video course. It’s an over 2½ hours of in-depth instructional video course which covers everything pertaining to understanding and working your overlocker.
Learn the basic parts of how to use an overlocker and how to maintain it: discover the basic stitches, find out how to thread and adjust the tension. Then, work your way through doing fancy stitches, gathering and even attaching lace!
After doing this course, you will no longer fear changing threads or adjusting the tension dials. You’ll be confidently know how to use an overlocker!
About the instructor
Rosie (short for Rosanne) have been sewing since age 9. As a mom, her sewing skills has proven handy to sew doll clothes for her daughter. This led her to eventually sell doll clothes to her friends and local stores. Before long, her now thriving website, Rosie’s Doll Clothes Patterns was established where she shares secrets to making doll clothes. Due to demand, Rosie has created her own course of overlocker classes, helping those overcome the fear of the overlocker!
Who is the course best suited for?
These overlocker classes are ideal for anyone who:
- owns an overlocker and want to learn how to use it
- want to become more confident using it
- prefer to watch someone else demonstrate what to do before doing it themselves
- presently use their overlockers for finishing off raw edges and want to learn different stitches and techniques that makes sewing more fun.
What are the requirements?
- No prior overlocker experience necessary
- You’ll need an overlocker, fabric, thread, elastic, lace and basic sewing tools.
- Computer, tablet or phone so that you can access the videos.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Lifetime access to 2½ hours of instructional videos that cover the basics of overlocking AND all the tips and tricks that will save you lots of time and frustration when using your machine.
- Confidence to do it yourself because the videos are so clear and comprehensive.
- The freedom to work in your own home at your own pace, at a time that suits you – you can stop and start or replay as often as you want.
- High quality video and camera angels that allow you to clearly see what I’m doing.
Everything Rosie shows you can be incorporated into making doll clothes, full-sized clothes or general sewing projects. Once you’ve mastered these overlocker techniques, a whole new world opens up for you and you truly are limited only by your imagination!
Curriculum of how to use an overlocker course
- Understand your overlocker
- Maintain your overlocker
- How to thread an overlocker
- Master the thread tension
- Understand the differential feed and what it will do
- Use your overlocker to neaten edges
- How to finish seams
- Sew rolled hems
- Learn tips for navigating around curves
- Use your overlocker to gather fabric, create tubes, attach elastic, create a flatlock stitch and attach lace
- Pick up lots of cool tips along the way
Will this course work with any overlocker?
Although Rosie will be demonstrating on a 4-thread Janome 644D overlocker, you will still learn quite a bit should you own a 3-thread machine. Also, this course is applicable to any brand overlocker!
What if I have questions?
You’re welcome to email Rosie and she will personally get back to you. There might be a slight delay due to time zones (she’s in Australia). However, people are usually surprised at how quickly she responds.
What happens after I buy?
If you’re an existing customer, you can log into Rosie’s website using your existing membership details and start the course immediately.
If you’re a new member, you will receive an email with your username and password so that you can instantly log into my website and start watching all the course videos.
Money back guarantee
We know you’ll love these online tutorials! However, if you’re not happy with it for any reason, Rosie will provide a full refund as long if you get in touch with her within 30 days of purchase. Please see their refund policy for more details.