The Brother VR embroidery machine is the first single-needle embroidery machine with free-arm embroidery by the manufacturer.
The VR is a completely new concept in embroidery. For the first time, hobbyists and enthusiasts can buy a machine that combines commercial features and functionality with easy-to-use technology and advanced levels of customisation; all in the comfort of your own home. Take on large projects using the 200x200mm embroidery area, giving you the creative space to design without limits.
The thread colour sorting function allows fewer colour changes which can significantly reduce the time taken to complete a multi-colour embroidery. Our new concept machine brings all the features of a small enterprise machine into your craft room.
Advancing Creativity with the Brother VR Embroidery Machine
The Brother VR embroidery machine gives you the tools to unlock your embroidery potential. Its unrivalled combination of features and functionality individuality to your work. The smooth VR delivers up to 1000 stitches per minute with zero compromise on quality. The 200x200mm embroidery area allows you to take on large and complex designs in confidence, without the need to re-hoop.
The LED pointer helps you achieve perfect needle placement, showing exactly where the needle will drop. Tackle different projects with a range of frame choices as standard, including portrait and landscape options. And what better way to appreciate your stitch work and colours than under a crisp, natural, full spectrum LED light. Thread colour sorting means you’ll make fewer colour changes, and when you do,
it’ll be quicker and more efficient than other single needle machines. More creation, less work – the bobbin sensor will tell you when the thread is broken or has run out. While easy access lets you change the lower bobbin without removing your project.
- 200x200mm embroidery area allows you to create large designs without the need to re-hoop.
- Send your own designs to the machine from either a memory stick or your computer using the two USB ports. Then use the large 178mm, 260 000 colour LCD touch screen to mirror, rotate, resize and add multiple lines of text quickly and easily.
- The thread colour sorting can minimise the number of colour changes in multi-colour designs, reducing embroidery time.
- See exactly where the needle will drop and adjust the position accurately with the LED needle pointer.
405 built-in designs, infinite possibilities
The Brother VR embroidery machine gives you out-of-the-box access to 405 built-in patterns including Vintage, Trendy and Floral Alphabet designs. Enjoy personalizing your projects with 20 built-in fonts and scroll through thread charts from leading thread manufacturers – simply choose the brand and the matching colour will be displayed.
Import your own designs through the two USB ports, allowing you to upload from a memory stick or a connected computer. Then use the large 178mm colour LCD touch screen display to mirror, rotate, resize, recolour and add multiple line lettering.
Add personal touches to items such as towels, beach bags, work clothes, sports kits and much more. The Brother VR embroidery machine gives your work a professional finish with a personal touch, allowing you the creative freedom to put your own individual designs and flair on any material.
Push-button needle threader makes it quick and easy to get started on your next design. Simply follow the thread guide and press the button to thread the needle.
Built-in Learning Support
The on-screen guides take you through setup and basic operation to help you get the most from your VR.
Upper & Lower Thread Sensors
Upper and lower thread sensors alert you when a thread is broken or has run out.
Multiple Frame Sizes
Enjoy a range of frame types and sizes, including tubular for T-shirts and towels, etc. Large frame for quilts, small portrait and landscape frames – perfect for vertical and horizontal pockets.
Enjoy free-motion embroidery and stippling (optional)
With the optional free-motion embroidery kit, the VR can easily be converted into a quilting/sewing
machine, enabling you to add free-hand stippling designs to quilts or create your own free-hand sewing designs and artwork.
- Add free-motion stippling to quilts and large projects.
- Large wide table supports the fabric while stitching.
Features & Functions
- USB ports: Insert a USB memory stick or connect directly to your PC to send embroidery designs to the VR.
- Large embroidery area: 200x200mm: Create large embroidery designs with no need to re-hoop.
- Large colour LCD touch screen: Easily edit and adjust embroidery designs, add lettering and re-size from the touch screen.
- Easy access to bobbin: Easily replace the bobbin without removing the hoop.
- Single colour pattern converter: Push one button to embroider a multi-coloured design in a single colour.
- Free-arm embroidery: Embroider on shirt pockets, sleeves, jeans pockets, etc.
- LED pointer for perfect needle positioning: The LED pointer makes it easy to see exactly where the needle will drop. Allowing you to position jobs faster and more accurately than ever.
- 405 built-in patterns: Wide variety of built-in designs including Greek and floral alphabets, decorative and quilt patterns.
- 20 built-in fonts: A wide range of built-in fonts to personalise your projects.
- Thread colour sorting: Adjust the order in which multi-colour embroidery designs are stitched – reducing colour changes and minimising embroidery time.
- Multiple line text input: Allows multiple lines of text to be entered without having to manually reposition.
- Independent bobbin winder: The built-in independent bobbin winder is quick and easy. Allows you to wind a new bobbin while the machine is embroidering.
- 4 Spool thread stand: The VR is equipped with a 4 spool thread stand. Ideal for quick thread changes.
- Free-motion embroidery kit (optional): Convert the VR into a free-motion embroidery machine for quilting and free-motion sewing.