The Pfaff Quilt Expression 720 sewing machine has all of the features you would expect from a high end machine – colour touch screen, electronic thread cutter, large sewing space and much more!
Also, the Expression 720 includes fantastic and innovative stitching features that will enhance your sewing projects. Floating and ribbon stitches are complimented by a fully customizable stitch creator. Design any stitch you can imagine on the touch screen!
Features & Benefits of the Pfaff Quilt Expression 720
- Pfaff Color Touch Screen – See stitches in real size and get all the sewing information you need directly on the 70mm x 53mm Color Touch Screen.
- Quick Help System – Touch the quick help icon for instant information.
- Large Sewing Space – The Pfaff Quilt Expression 720 sewing machine is the perfect choice for quilters, home decor sewers, fashion enthusiasts – anyone who creates. The sewing area to the right of the needle is nearly 10” (250mm), great for sewing large amounts of fabric or batting.
- The Original IDT System – The integrated dual feed from Pfaff precisely feeds all types of fabric from the top and bottom for perfect stitching every time.
Exclusive Pfaff Stitch Techniques
- Floating Stitches: add embellishments to your project with stitches that looks like they are floating on top of the fabric with no connection stitches in between them, giving a unique hand stitched effect.
- Triple, Double and Single Ribbon Stitches: add dimensional elements to your decorative stitching with beautiful ribbon stitches. Narrow ribbons and trims are woven into these special stitches as you sew.
- Stacking Stitches: sew beautiful decorative stitches in two colors. The stacking stitches consist of pairs of stitches that are designed to be sewn on top of each other.
- Exclusive Stitch Creator Feature – Create new 9mm stitches or edit built-in stitches for unlimited creativity.
Creative Signature Sewing Programs
- Tapering on all 9mm Decorative Stitches – Taper the beginning and/or end of any stitch, and choose from many different angles for a multitude of opportunities.
- Stitch Positioning – Moves the complete stitch right or left to easily align decorative stitches.
- Mirror Image of Stitches – Flip the stitch side to side and/or end to end for even more possibilities.
- Patchwork Program – Use the Patchwork Program to repeat the seam length over and over. This can be used with both utility and decorative stitches.
- Stitch Density – Density can be increased or decreased without affecting stitch length by controlling the distance between the stitch points.
- Twin Needle Program – Enter twin needle size to automatically adjust the stitch width. You can see the twin needle stitch on the screen.
- Single Stitch Program – Set exact number of stitches or sequence repeats you wish to sew.
- 428 stitches up to 52mm wide – Be astonished by the fascinating selection of Pfaff high-quality stitches – unique embellishments, stitched perfectly up to 9mm. 9 categories for easy selection.
- Maxi Stitches – Add beautiful decorative accents to your project with stitches and monograms that sew side to side to create finished stitches up to 52mm wide.
- 4 Built-In Sewing Fonts – Choose from 4 sewing alphabets, with both upper- and lower-case letters, for easy programming.
- Automatic Self-Adjusting Thread Tension – Best tension is set automatically for all sewing techniques and fabrics. Override automatic tension easily for specialty techniques.
- Stitch Restart – Return to the beginning of a stitch or sequence without having to reset any special adjustments you’ve made.
- Stitch Sequencing – Combine and save up to 99 stitches and/or letters.
- Free-Motion Modes – Choose between 3 modes for free-motion quilting, thread painting or darning. The feed teeth will drop automatically when your preferred method is selected.
- Automatic Presser Foot Lift – Raises the presser foot instantly when the needle is set to stop down.
- The Sensormatic Buttonhole Foot automatically sews perfectly balanced one-step buttonholes every time. Both buttonhole columns are sewn in the same direction for precise stitch quality. 10 buttonhole styles designed for various sewing applications.
- 37 Needle Positions – For exact placement of your straight stitch. Perfect for topstitching, edge stitching, under stitching, stitching-in-the-ditch or quilting.
Personal Menu – Save up to 30 of your personal stitches and sequences in a folder to sew them again whenever you wish.
- Extra Presser Foot Lift – Raises the presser foot to its highest point while dropping the feed teeth so thick fabrics can be placed easily under the presser foot.
- Needle Up / Down – Set needle to stop up or down in the fabric for pivoting, appliqué and more.
- Thread Snips – Automatically cut top and bobbin threads, pulling thread ends to the back side of fabric.
- Start / Stop button – Sew without the foot control. Makes sewing long seams, free-motion and buttonholes easy.
- Immediate Tie-Off – When pressed the machine will tie-off and stop automatically for a quick and easy finish.
- Straight Stitch Plate and Sensor – The perfect help for straight stitch sewing with any straight stitch accessory. Attach the Straight Stitch Plate and the machine sensor alerts you if you select any stitch other than a straight stitch.
- Built-in Needle Threader – Makes threading easy and reduces eye strain.
- LED Illuminated Workspace – Designed to give even light across the entire work area. LED technology and light guides provide excellent lighting on your work area. See fabric and stitches in true color and with less shadows.
- Bobbin Thread Sensor – Alerts you when bobbin thread is low.
- Electronic Knee-Lift – Raises the presser foot with an easy movement, allowing you to keep your hands on your project.
- Speed Slider – Adjust sewing speed with the speed slider for full control.
- Jam Proof Rotary Hook – No threads caught in bobbin area.
- Bobbin Winding from the Needle – For time saving and convenient bobbin winding.
- Download the latest firmware version from the internet – update quickly with a USB stick.
- Stylus Holder Built-In – Keeps your stylus at your fingertips.
- Inch/cm Ruler on the Base Plate – Convenient measuring directly on your Pfaff Quilt Expression 720 sewing machine.
- Hard Cover
What’s in the Box?
- Pfaff Quilt Expression 720 sewing machine
- Instruction manual
- Electronic foot controller
- Standard presser foot with IDT
- Fancy stitch foot with IDT
- Fancy stitch foot
- Blindhem foot with IDT
- Zipper foot with IDT
- Sensormatic buttonhole foot
- Manual buttonhole foot
- Sensormatic free-motion foot
- Maxi stitch foot
- 1/4″ Piecing Foot
- Straight Stitch Plate
- Electronic Knee-Lift
- Hard Cover
Need More Information?
Our friendly expert team love talking sewing machines and are here to give you complete confidence in your purchase. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call us on 012 348 2881 (Pretoria) or 028 312 2182 (Hermanus).